The porometer test standards were developed by North Carolina State University and are done in triplicate with results given as an average. Typical turnaround time is 3-5 days.
Determined by loss on drying and expressed in percent. Typical turnaround time 1-2 days.
- Media Sieve- $55
- Dry Fertilizer Sieve- $62
- Sieve by pan- $18
Sample is physically separated/sorted to determine various sizes of particles contained in the mix. Results are expressed as percentages of mix retained per specified sieve series. Please contact us at 1-866-522-5752 prior to submitting samples to let us know what screen sizes you require. Typical turnaround time is 2-3 days.
Instructions for Submitting Physical Samples
- Please specify if porometer or sieve is needed. Send at least 2 gallons of media in a plastic resealable bag. (Typically, unused media is sent.)
- Be sure to label each bag with a unique ID code.
- Include a letter stating your name, address, phone, fax, and email address. Specify the physical tests required. (If physical test is not specified, your sample will be treated as a standard nutritional media test.)
- Ship samples to: JR PETERS Lab, 6656 Grant Way, Allentown, PA 18106.
- If you have any questions, call 1-866-522-5752, ext. 46.